JUSTICE EDUCATION SOCIETY
The Education Specialist will drive the development and implementation of progressive methodologies, aligning them with the latest trends in youth, adult learning, and e-learning education. This pivotal role involves empowering domestic and international teams, alongside JES' subject matter experts, to effectively leverage these methodologies in shaping curricula for diverse projects and core justice education programs. The Education Specialist also serves as a strategic advisor to the senior leadership team, providing valuable insights on pedagogical strategies for innovative and transformative educational practices. This position offers substantial opportunities for professional advancement and growth.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Collaborate with JES' subject matter experts to create curricula and training materials integrating best practices. Offer coaching and mentoring to trainers as needed.
- Provide and/or update orientation and training materials for JES staff to align with youth and adult and e-learning best practices.
- Develop diagnostic and post-evaluation tools to ensure training and educational programs meet rigorous standards.
- Create customized guidance documents tailored to individual projects and programs as necessary.
- Establish standardized methodologies adaptable to project-specific needs.
- Provide support for program monitoring, evaluation, learning, and reporting as required.
- Assist in fostering and improving training skills within staff and partner institutions as needed.
- Coordinate strategic research and analysis on youth and adult education, educational technology, and e-learning.
- Assist in preparing new proposals, ensuring alignment with pedagogical frameworks and youth and adult learning standards.
- Design and develop diagnostic tools that ensure training and educational programs adhere to the highest standards.
- Manage and organize information within JES' Learning Management System (JESed) educational platform.
- Develop comprehensive manuals to standardize the design and format elements for course display in JESed.
- Offer protocols for deploying and evaluating online and hybrid courses within JESed.
- Advise on internal professional training and development programs.
- Manage workload to meet objectives and deliverables within established timelines, budgets, and project specifications.
- Participate as a contributing team member within the BC, Digital and International Programs.
- Remain updated on the latest theories and practices in youth, adult, and e-learning education.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Domestic and international travel is required.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Demonstrated experience in curriculum design and development based on best practice, including developing instructional design plans, and guiding the development of learning outcomes, course outlines, learning activities, and assessment instruments.
- Experience designing teaching and learning environments for programs and courses for face-to-face, blended, and online delivery using various learning environments.
- Experience conducting training needs assessments.
- Knowledge of instructional design and curriculum development processes.
- Demonstrated technical writing and editing skills.
- Superior time management skills with demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Experience working in a multicultural environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Strong analytical, detail-oriented, and organized leader with supervisory expertise and a self-driven approach.
- Computer literacy in a Windows environment, G Suite products, and e-learning platforms.
- Fluent in English and Spanish (required).
- Familiarity working within the justice sector.
- Knowledge of French is an asset.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Education, Educational Technology or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in the field of adult and e-learning pedagogy.
- If BC based, you must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or have a valid work permit issued by the Government of Canada.
- For other countries where JES currently has an office, you must be legally entitled to work in that country.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com by December 5, 2023.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.