PROJECT OFFICER, JUDICIAL STRENGTHENING PROGRAM FOR THE EASTERN CARIBBEAN.
JUSTICE EDUCATION SOCIETY
Justice Education Society of British Columbia (JES) is a Canadian non-profit organization with over 30 years of experience in advancing the rule of law by empowering people to access and deliver justice through increasing legal capability, strengthening justice systems and developing digital solutions. JES implements programs and has offices in Canada, Guyana, Guatemala, Honduras and Panama, and also works in Costa Rica, Colombia and El Salvador. In the near future, JES will establish an office in Castries, Saint Lucia to implement programs in Saint Lucia, Grenada, Dominica, and Saint Vincent and the Grenadines. JES has diverse sources of funding including donors and provincial, federal, and overseas governments. More information on JES is available at: www.JusticeEducation.ca.
JES will work to increase the protection of the rights of women and youth by the justice system of the Eastern Caribbean by improving access to justice, particularly for women and youth. The project will focus on improving the capacity of the justice sector and vulnerable populations to effectively administer judicial processes and the exercise of their rights especially in cases of sexual and gender based violence (SGBV).
Under the leadership of the Project Director and Country Representative and the guidance of the Project Manager, the Project Coordinator supports the day-to-day management and administration of the project. This role will provide administrative and logistical leadership to all workstreams, including training events, outreach, convenings, virtual learning sessions, among others to ensure the project is delivered on time and on budget and to the highest standards. The position reports directly to the Project Manager and works in collaboration with other JES team members and consultants.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Project coordination and operations, including scheduling and preparing for stakeholder meetings, attending project meetings, taking notes during meetings, and other team processes.
- Setup and maintain project tools to ensure timely delivery of tasks according to the defined timeline and within the budget.
- Lead the logistical planning and delivery of project activities. Provide backstopping and support to project activities, facilitation, and large-scale events.
- Support in the preparation of weekly, quarterly, and annual reports as required by the donor, Project Director and JES senior management.
- Coordinate with subject matter experts the development of training and coaching materials.
- Ensure all project procurement processes adhere to JES and donor policies.
- Support the Finance team in processing consultant invoices, keeping track of expenses, and the purchase and payment of products and services.
- Maintain and update project files in an organized and systematic way according to JES procedures.
- Ensure that mechanisms are developed and implemented for the evaluation of the impact of project activities on beneficiaries.
- Engage fully as a member of the JES staff team, including participating in staff meetings and other JES events, and providing support to other team members in the execution of the project, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of working experience in international development projects with donor funding, particularly public and/or justice sector capacity building programs.
- Proven experience working in the field of gender and/or sexual and gender-based violence.
- Experience monitoring and evaluation projects.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills.
- Proven experience working both independently and collaboratively within a team.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Legally allowed to live and work in Saint Lucia.
- Ability and willingness to travel regionally and internationally.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Familiarity working with satellite offices.
- University degree or professional qualification in Law, Business Management, International Development, project management or other relevant field or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of justice sector institutions.
- Knowledge of Results Based Management framework.
- Experience working with women, youth and vulnerable populations.
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com by September 30, 2023.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.