About the Justice Education Society (JES)
The Justice Education Society of British Columbia (JES) is a non-profit organization with over 30 years of experience providing public legal education and justice system capacity building in Canada and overseas. In Canada, JES helps more than 700,000 British Columbians learn about our justice system and address their legal issues. Internationally, JES has programs in Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, Panama and Guyana which work with national institutions to strengthen justice systems, access to justice and citizen security. JES has offices in Canada, Guatemala, Honduras and Guyana and diverse sources of funding including donors and provincial, federal and overseas governments. More information on JES is available at: www.JusticeEducation.ca.
Justice Education Society (JES) empowers people to access and deliver justice in Canada and globally. To support our mission and deliver strategic programs and services to better provide access to justice for British Columbians, JES is conducting targeted research on the justice sector’s legal help, information and education services.
We are looking for a talented Research Analyst with superior writing skills to join us for a period of 8 weeks with a possibility of extension. Responsibilities include:
- Conduct research and collect quantitative and qualitative data on demographics, stakeholder analysis, competitors, technology etc.
- Perform market/industry research
- Design and conduct surveys and interviews
- Compile, analyze and interpret data and information
- Provide analysis on the justice sector’s legal help, information and education services and identify trends
- Prepare a report of findings to the executive team
- Other duties as assigned
- Undergraduate degree in law, social sciences, information science, education business administration or related area Knowledge, skills and experience
- Proven research and analysis experience
- Ability to effectively gather, synthesize, analyze and interpret data and information
- Strong written, editing, communication and presentation skills
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office
- Search engines, databases, statistical, web and research tools acumen
- Knowledge of data collection methods (focus groups, surveys etc.)
- Strong analytical and critical thinking
- Enjoy fast-paced environment and variety; known for getting things done
- Flexible and a self-starter; able to multitask while also being highly detail oriented
- Excellent people skills, with experience communicating and collaborating in a multidisciplinary, multicultural, diverse and dynamic team
- Knowledge of the justice sector in B.C.
How To Apply
To apply for this position, please send your cover letter and curriculum vitae to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “Research Analyst” in the subject line. Deadline for reception of applications: We will be assessing applications on a rolling basis, as the position needs to be filled now. JES offers competitive compensation. We thank all candidates for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.